Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A snowy rest for angels

Despite the crazy weather (I keep saying that, huh!?), I hit the trail Saturday morning with Christine. I didn't have a lot of time, so we stuck close with Angel's Rest at the Bridal Veil exit off Interstate 84. I knew we were in for a weather treat when it started snowing on us at the 80-foot parking lot. As the trail rose, we found slush on the ground, then some snow and then lots of snow! White stuff covered the exposed summit (about 1,500 feet), and a strong wind made it feel like the middle of winter.

The storm made for really cool views. Northwest toward the city: Northeast:
Southwest:Christine LOVES to take pictures along the way - especially of neat weather stuff:
Can't leave the summit without one of these!
I have to admit that I'm ready to hike without freezing my baguettes off (and by baguettes, I mean fingers!), but this bizarre weather has made for some extra-memorable adventures :)

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment