Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Let the training begin

A year ago, several of us trained for the Tilikum 10K run, which raises money for needy kids to go to camp. Brad, Tim, Eryn and I tackled the longer run while Laura, Sarah and Ursa stuck with the 5K option.

Here we are before the run at Champoeg:
Brad nearing the finish line:
My turn:
And here's Eryn!
Yay! We all made it:
Well, it's that time again, and that means lots of training for me. I've used The Beginning Runner's Handbook in the past, and I started up again last night with a 48-minute run/walk. My mom has also been doing the program and might try the 5K run this year - if her knee allows it.

Anyone want to join us?

-Liz :)

2 comments:

  1. Count me in. I ran about 10k this morning and I haven't died yet, so I'll probably survive. And the Tilikum 10k is sounding a lot more doable than the half-marathon the next day.

    Especially only a few days after our Alaska trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! And I bet you ran it in 45 minutes or something. Last year, I finished in 1 hr. 6 min. I'm not even close to ready now.
    -Liz :)

    ReplyDelete