Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Young blood

It was such a delight to have a great, young band leading worship Sunday morning! While they are louder and more ruckus than we're accustomed to at NFC, I thoroughly enjoyed their music and enthusiasm. And they're good! It made me smile to see those young men (and woman) using their talents, playing their hearts out, for God.

Click HERE to take a listen!

One of my favorite things about NFC is the musical variety and the apparent ability to let people worship in their own styles. We're not stuck with a "traditional" service and a "contemporary" service. We mix it up and let young people learn organ hymns and let old people groove to new tunes. Amen. (Hey, why don't we ever sing "amen" at the end of hymns??? I've always wondered. I miss those cool harmonies from my growing-up years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment