Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fun in the snow

Sean, Brad and I set out yesterday for some cross-country fun in the snow. We started out on the Yellow Jacket trail at the White River Canyon sno-park.

We knew it was a challenging trail, but it ended up being a bit above our ability (or at least my ability). And Sean had rental skis that weren't designed for the back-country terrain we were trying to tackle. So after some fruitless attempts, we ended up changing our plan and heading down (or up, I guess) the canyon. It's a gradual incline that you don't notice so much until you start heading back. I got into a groove (literally and figuratively!) and ended up coasting a long way in the soft, new snow. At one point, I overtook Brad, barely missing him and some trees as I sailed past. Low clouds blocked any potential view, but it did snow most of the time, and that's always fun.

Oh, and there was a local band shooting a music video when we got back to the parking lot. We overheard that it was "Blue Skies for Black Hearts." We're curious to see the finished product. It reminded us of our Whistler ski trip last year during which Janet Jackson was filming a movie right outside our condo! Fun stuff.

Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera again rejected the cold weather and wouldn't let me take a picture of the adventure :( I need to get that figured out ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment