Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ugh...

I am a vegetarian... actually, I'm a pescetarian - I eat seafood. I made this dietary decision a long time ago for various reasons, mostly because I think it's gross to gnaw on the muscle of another living thing. I also think it's disturbing to create life for the express purpose of killing it - and then eating it. But I sometimes still like turkey and allow myself a bit at Thanksgiving time, especially sandwiches with mayo and white bread. (I always explain to the curious, "It's a personal choice - it's not like I signed a contract or something!")

Anyway, I had a couple bites at Turkey Feast and then a few sandwiches in the following few days. BIG MISTAKE! My body is not used to eating meat, and I've been paying the price since. I'm now feeling a renewed commitment to my meatless lifestyle!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, way too much information! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I went through the same thing over the holidays, stuck eating poultry and meat when there was a lack of beans, veggies/fruits, etc that I am accustomed to eating, along with the occasional serving of seafood. All they had was flour and sugar laden foods, plus meat, so not much choice during that whole week.

    I am in Salem Oregon and just started a Monthly Pescetarian and Vegetarian Potluck. The first get-together is 1-19th at 1pm and will be the 2nd Saturday of each month thereafter. (of course, I am not sure how far Tigard is though)

    Keep in touch!

    Joy
    luvnsmartbeauty@yahoo.com
    http://www.myspace.com/luvnsmartbeauty

    ReplyDelete