Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's a dirty job...

I spent yesterday morning helping out my dad at Medical Teams International (formerly Northwest Medical Teams). I've volunteered there a half-dozen times, maybe, and now that I'm not working, I hope to get in there more often. My dad saved the dirtiest job for me. I had to pull 13 cases of surgical gloves off two pallets and move them to the other end of the warehouse. They were heavy, stacked above my head and covered with dirt (at least I hope it was just dirt!). I got the job done, but I was sweaty and covered in grime by the time I finished. I think he gave me that task because he didn't want to do it himself!

Because it's around the corner from my house, I rode my bike this time and last. The commute takes just 2 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for investing your energy and time to help move surgical gloves at our distribution center. As president of Medical Teams International, I've been in many hospitals around the world where gloves are washed and reused 12-15 times. New sterile gloves will reduce infection rates and save lives in these hospitals. The gloves will be a tremendous blessing for many.

    Thanks again for volunteering with us,
    Bas Vanderzalm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bas!
    So cool that you stopped by our little blog! I'm glad to help at Medical Teams - even doing the dirty jobs. Brad and I believe strongly in your organization and want to be a part of it. In fact, my dad has me helping with another project next week - hygiene kits to Romania, I think.

    ReplyDelete