Monday, September 10, 2007

Act of Treason

I recently discovered author Vince Flynn, who writes CIA/political thrillers. I have read several of his books, including Act of Treason, which I just finished this morning. I really like his writing and the mystery, excitement and adventure of the plots. But I have a hard time with the morals.

The books follow super-agent Mitch Rapp as he solves terror plots and the surrounding mysteries. But usually there is killing and torture used to stop the plot or get the vital information from the suspects just in time. In fact, this book poked fun at Amnesty International, saying that its attorneys would be lined up to defend the suspect if they knew what Rapp had done to him. The book literally ended with Rapp being promised that he could kill another one of the players when the time was right.

The books take a peek into a different side of the terror situation and what some people think is necessary to fight it. They always leave me a bit conflicted.

Overall, a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment